INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE
Australian Native Landscapes (ANL) established in 1971 is the leader in Horticultural manufacture and distribution on the East Coast of Australia and remains a 100% Australian owned and operated family business.
ANL is seeking a Third or Fourth Year Industrial Electrical apprentice required for Industrial Electrical Projects throughout Sydney, Central Coast and Central West NSW.
To perform in this role, you will need experience in the field working on simple and complex electrical devices and systems. You will be responsible for breakdown, preventative, maintenance and new works under instruction from our qualified electrician. You must be first and foremost a responsible individual with great attention to safety precautions, fine detail and excellent communication skills. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Install, maintain and repair electrical control, wiring.
- Reading and interpreting design schematics to ensure the proper installation of electrical systems.
- Perform general electrical and preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate testing devices.
- Working with PLC's, motors and variable speed drives.
- Troubleshooting major system failures and equipment malfunctions.
- Performing fault finding on plant/manufacturing machines.
- Repair and replace equipment, electrical wiring or fixtures.
- Industrial preventative maintenance as well as attend to breakdowns.
- Follow National Electrical Code state and local building regulations.
- Circuit breaker corrective maintenance.
- Good knowledge of various test equipment.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area.
- Consulting with colleagues and other workers on-site to ensure projects run smoothly and on time.
- Maintain and adhere to the policies and procedures of the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- OHS white card.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Successfully completing Apprenticeship in Cert 3 Electrotechnology Electrician.
- Experience in industrial electrical install maintenance and breakdowns.
- Experience with PLC's, motors and variable speed drives.
- Experience in commercial electrical (preferred but not essential).
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and industry regulations and guidelines.
- Positive self-starter attitude.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service focus and pride in the work you do.
- Ability to set priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as providing support within a team environment.
- Ability to identify issues that arise and ensure that they are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Basic computer skills.
The successful applicant will be provided with a fully maintained company vehicle and company phone.
Only applicants with the right to work in Australia need apply.