Environmental Health Officer
About Australian Native Landscapes (ANL)
ANL is a privately owned and operated Australian company with 45 years’ experience in horticulture supplies or the organics recycling sectors. The Organisational Structure shows a company strongly associated with the population and organic waste resource centres of NSW and reflects the extent of our integration from raw materials control through manufacturing facilities and an extensive sales network.
Originating as a landscape supply company and construction company in the early 1970’s, ANL is now a multidimensional business encompassing a strongly vertically integrated supply chain.
Due to our rapid growth, an exciting opportunity has become available for an Environmental Health Officer to support our Divisional Managers.
We are seeking an emergent, but mature minded professional who enjoys working in a busy, fast paced but friendly team environment.
- Above award wage
- Rapidly growing company with plenty of room to move
- Opportunities to advance
- Ongoing development opportunities available
- Safety first environment
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for day to day technical and compliance issues and requirements in line with ANL’s operational and environmental plans and to optimise compliance, resource recovery and other quality objectives
- Assist as required with environmental related projects and programs across the business, to ensure that these projects are monitored, reported, reviewed and delivered on time and on budget and in accordance with relevant plans
- Provide input in relation to monitoring, reporting, assessment and compliance associated with risks, procedures, and standards through all work processes throughout the business
- Apply the relevant risk management frameworks, aimed at minimising operational, business and environmental risks
- Ensure that relevant risk/compliance standards are communicated and met
- Support the review, maintenance and continuous improvement of ANL’s Management Systems
- Engage and educate/train employees as required in relation to corporate environmental and compliance obligations and procedures
- Assist with preparation of internal and external environmental and regulatory reports
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support as requested
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management or related discipline (e.g. Applied Science/Environmental Science).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in waste resource or construction industry / environmental field an advantage
- Experience effectively influencing and building internal and external working relationships
- Working knowledge of environmental legislation, practices and procedures
- Proven experience in business administration or clerical work
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of regulatory requirements within this field
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent investigative, analytical and trouble shooting ability in order to investigate failures, incidents and complex issues with minimum information
- Advanced skills in data gathering and reporting
- Sound knowledge of environmental regulatory requirements, standards, monitoring and regulations
- Knowledge of both state and federal compliance reporting requirements/systems
- Self-motivated, target oriented, result driven and ability to work to deadlines
- Commitment to Work Health and Safety regulations and safe systems of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced information technology skills favourable
- Strong presentation skills and ability to share technical ideas and concepts with all levels of personnel as well as with the public in a non-technical manner
- Ability to manage, lead, participate and schedule multiple activities
- Ready to work in various locations if required
In our business safety is paramount; we have a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol.
Only experienced applicants who meet the selection criteria need apply. If you have the above essential experience and are looking for a new challenge please submit your resume with a cover to firstname.lastname@example.org